Title 1 / LAP Program
POMEROY ELEMENTARY TITLE 1/LAP PROGRAM
121 10th St. Pomeroy, WA 99347
Rachel Gwinn, Elementary Principal and Title I/LAP Director
509-843-1651 Fax: 509-843-8246 firstname.lastname@example.org
The Pomeroy School District prides itself in providing all students with an individualized academic program. Assessments of all students help each child receive the extra support needed to encourage student learning and academic achievement. The Title I/LAP Program supports students by monitoring his/her academic progress and providing him/her with more individualized instruction.This support is provided in the classroom as a “push-in” model, not a “pull-out” model.
Selection to participate in the Title I/LAP Program is based upon the results of program required assessments and grade level criteria. Program assessments include Reading Fluency, STAR Early Literacy, STAR Reading, STAR Math, enVision Math Benchmark Tests, and the state assessment, the SBA.
It is our goal to provide your child with a positive and successful academic experience. Students participating in the Title I/LAP Program will receive additional academic support from highly qualified staff to help your child accelerate his/her math and/or reading skills using the following methods: one-on-one and/or small group support, individualized interventions, and progress monitoring. Review of your child’s performance will be conducted each marking period. Your child’s teacher will communicate his/her progress. You are welcome to attend Title I/LAP meetings, conferences, and Title I/LAP events. If at any point you have a concern or feel you need to file a complete regarding our program, you can find the associated information here: http://www.k12.wa.us/TitleI/CitizenComplaint.aspx
In compliance with the requirements of the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA), we would like to inform you that you may request information about the professional qualifications of your student’s teacher(s) or instructional paraprofessional(s) that will be working with your child.
- Whether the teacher has met Washington teacher certification requirements for the grade level and subject areas in which the teacher provides instruction.
- Whether the teacher is teaching under an emergency or other provisional status through which Washington qualifications or certification criteria have been waived.
- The college major and any graduate certification or degree held by the teacher.
- Whether the student is provided services by paraprofessionals, and if so, their qualifications.
The following information may be requested for instructional paraprofessional(s):
Paraprofessionals must work under the supervision of a certiﬁed teacher. In a Targeted Assistance program, any paraprofessional who is the direct supervision of a certificated teacher must meet the professional qualifications.
Paraeducators can provide a copy of their high school diploma — transcripts are not necessary. Schools that operate a Title I, Part A program must have a high school diploma or GED and completed the following:
- Completed at least two years of study at an institution of higher education; or
- Obtained an associate’s or higher degree; or
- Pass the ETS ParaPro Assessment. The assessment measures skills, and content knowledge related to reading, writing and math;
- Completed previously the apprenticeship requirements and must present a journeycard or certificate. The portfolio and apprenticeships are no longer offered for enrollment; however, the Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI) will continue to honor this pathway.
In addition, you can access our “Report Card” that provides information on graduation rates, our school district’s performance, and other required information at: https://washingtonstatereportcard.ospi.k12.wa.us/ReportCard/ViewSchoolOrDistrict/100791
If you wish to request information concerning the Title 1/LAP program, your child’s teacher’s and instructional paraprofessional’s qualification or have questions about your child’s program plan, please contact Rachel Gwinn, Superintendent/Elementary Principal/Title 1 Director at 509-843-1651.