2019/20 School Year Goals to Improve Our School
The classroom teacher drives instruction for all students in the classroom focusing on these goals for each student:
Goal 1: All students will show growth in the area of mathematics, specifically focusing on mathematical word problems.
Goal 2: All staff will continue to implement the knowledge and skills gained from the professional development focused on becoming “Trauma-Informed”, and the understanding of ACES. With a school-wide focus teaching Grace and Courtesy.
Goal 3: Staff will engage in self-care to help maintain professional and personal growth and continue to make a difference in every students’ lives.
Specific tasks to achieve goals
- Continue to align/supplement curriculum and instructional techniques to the common core state standards specific to math instruction
- Integrate the new math curriculum envision 2020 with fidelity
- Communicate with parents on the expected standards at each grade level specific to math word problems
- Implement pre/post assessments to assess students’ progress toward mastery
- Continue to be involved in professional development focused on becoming trauma-informed and using the skills and strategies learned
- Provide opportunities for family involvement-before school reading, family events, strengthen family communication-working toward understanding of background and other outside influences
- Conduct staff meetings to discuss and support each other in working with the most challenging students
- Implement the PAX good behavior game into the classrooms-teaching and practicing expected behaviors
- Focus and be intentional about teaching grace and courtesy in the classrooms and other areas of the school; the school theme will focus on these area using bulletin board, assemblies and other opportunities.
- Every Friday morning will be time to chat over coffee in the elementary library
- Have staff meetings twice a month to check-in, talk, network, collaborate
- Plan monthly get-togethers outside of school
- Set goals for yourself and commit to them
Status of: 2018/19 School Year Goals to Improve Our School
The classroom teacher drives instruction for all students in the classroom focusing on these goals for each student. Our primary goal is to make people better!
Goal 1: All students will show growth on their grade level standards; this will be assessed using classroom-based assessments and the state Smarter Balance Assessment
Status: ALL students did show growth in grade level standards, however not all students in grades 3-6 met proficiency on the SBA assessment.
Third Grade: Math: 82%; ELA: 82%
Fourth Grade: Math: 60% ELA: 56%
Fifth Grade: Math: 50% ELA: 54%; Science: 88%
Sixth Grade: Math: 48% ELA: 57%
Goal 2: All staff will continue to implement the knowledge and skills gained from the professional development focused on becoming “Trauma-Informed”, and the understanding of ACES.
Status: Staff continued to implement strategies gained from the PD provided on ACES and becoming trauma informed. Discipline referrals decreased significantly, attendance rates increased, and academic growth also saw significant increases
Goal 3: Staff will implement teaching and learning strategies that integrate STEM focused instruction and development with a focus on content based science instruction
Status: Each grade level introduced a new science kit that focused on the Next Generation Science Standards. In the 5th grade, 88% of the students tested proficient on the state science test