Pomeroy School Board Meeting Review
September 26th, 2023
- Board Director Ashley Koller called the board meeting to order at 6:00 pm. All board members were present. Superintendent Gwinn and Business Manager, Kelly McKeirnan were also in attendance, along with David Tejero, representing the ASB.
- Minutes for the August 28th, 2023 meeting was approved, as well as the bills and vouchers.
- David gave an ASB report, sharing that the ASB has been working on scheduling various events, including a movie night which was held on Monday. They will be strategizing on how to improve attendance, particularly at the high school level. Homecoming has also been scheduled for the week of October 23-27th, and they are still planning the activities for the week.
- Approval was given for Out of Field Teaching for Mrs. Bye for the Creative Arts class.
- The board approved the recommendation to hire Jim Nelson as School Security Officer and Emma Severs as assistant junior high boys basketball coach.
- Approval of Notice of Retirement for Joanne Pederson was also given. The board recognized her dedication to our district and wish her the best of retirement.
- The next board meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, October 24th at 6:00 PM in the high school library.
- Kelly McKeirnan gave a brief business manager report, as well as updated the board on the light project. Rachel shared her goals of being present in both buildings by popping into classrooms, interacting with students and checking in with teachers as often as possible; She shared that communication with staff has included: staff meetings, check-ins, emails and casual conversations; she will be starting observations in October; HS staff have been doing a great job working with students on missing assignments and keeping grades up, this effort has included: academic plans, communication home to parents, scheduling of an academic Friday and next week we will be offering support in the HS library on Tuesday and Wednesdays after school thanks to Lauren Price. Mrs. Gwinn also shared with the board a Cheer Squad Proposal that was created by Chelsey Eaton. The board will review the information and discuss the program at the next board meeting.
- There was no executive session and the board meeting was adjourned at 7:36 PM.
- Any forms or handouts at the board meeting may be requested from the district office electronically or in person. Call 843-1651 or email [email protected]