Pomeroy School Board Meeting Review
August 24th, 2020
- The Board meeting was called to order at 7:00 pm by Board President Kyle Pearson. All board members were present, as well as Superintendent Gwinn, High School Principal, Amy Miller, Business Manager, Kelly McKeirnan and Connie Boyer was also in attendance representing the East Washingtonian, as well as Dave Boyer, in the audience.
- Minutes for the July 27th meeting were approved, as well as the bills and vouchers.
- Mrs. Gwinn gave an update on the reopening plan. We are set to offer in-person instruction starting August 31st. All PPE equipment will be delivered on Tuesday, August 25th. This equipment will be distributed throughout the district. Teachers and staff and been working hard getting prepared and making plans to for teaching and learning.
- Mrs. Gwinn gave the board a projected enrollment of 304 FTE. At this time we have seven students doing distance learning though the district, 4 students have enrolled in a different online program through a different school district, and some families have chosen to home school their children. The budget has been based on a FTE of 290.
- Mrs. Gwinn and Mrs. Miller shared the school improvement goals for the 2020-21 school year. Goals included self-care, a mathematics focus, and continuing our professional development in the area of trauma-informed. Both buildings will also be dedicating time to google classroom and developing distance learning plans.
- The board approved the Highly Capable Program for the 2020-21 school year. All HCP services will be implemented into the classroom as opposed to any pull-out programs to meet COVID regulations.
- Mrs. Gwinn proposed to the board to change the Title 1 program from a targeted assistance program to a School wide program. This allows all students to be served by the program and gives the district flexibility with the distribution of Title 1 funds for all staff. The board approved this transition.
- The board approved the updated School Calendar for 2020-2021—half days were added, conference days, as well as flex days removed. If weather permits school from opening, the district will go to a distance learning day for students.
- The next board meeting is scheduled for Monday, September 28th, 2020 at 6PM in the Shepherd Room..
Kelly McKeirnan gave a brief business manager report. Amy reported the staff is working on plans for google classroom, reopening protocols have been established, schedule updates, and professional development plans. Rachel shared that staff will be on campus this week to prepare for opening. Google classroom has been a focus. I-grant applications are being completed, as well as other reports for the state.
- An executive session was called at 8:05 PM for 10 minutes to discuss the negotiations. No additional business was conducted after the executive session.
- Director Gingerich moved to adjourn the meeting at 8:15 Director Nelson seconded the motion.
- Any forms or handouts at the board meeting may be requested from the district office electronically or in person. Call 843-1651 or email email@example.com