The principle is competing against yourself. It's about self-improvement, about being better than you were the day before. -Steve Young
Every athlete has the ability to participate in up to 4 events per meet and must participate in at least 2 events unless circumstances(i.e.- injury, events conflicting, etc) dictate otherwise in a meet.
In order to earn a Varsity letter a participant must:
- Accumulate 15 points during the regular season when placing in a meet.
- Point System: 1st place = 10 points, 2nd place = 8 points, 3rd place = 6 points, 4th place = 5 points, 5th place = 4 points, 6th place = 3 points, 7th place = 2 points, 8th place = 1 point.
- Qualify for Regionals or State.
- Be an alternate on a relay team that makes State(subject to coach's decision).
- 21 Individual State Championship Titles(100+ Individual State placers)
- 10 Relay State Championship Titles
- 2 Team State Championship Titles
- 9 Team State Placing Trophies
- 5 District Championship Trophies
Head Coach: Adam Van Vogt
Adam has been the Varsity track coach for 17 seasons. During this time Pomeroy athletes have captured 17 individual State titles, two team State Championships along with 6 additional top 4 team finishes, and numerous top 8 places/medals individually. Coach Van Vogt enjoys coaching track because he loves training athletes and helping them become the best version of themselves as athletes and people.