Interested in Volunteering?
We encourage parents, grandparents and interested community members to become a volunteer at Pomeroy Elementary or Pomeroy Junior/Senior High School.
Here's how you do it:
- Contact the school of your choice to find out volunteer needs.
- Complete Volunteer paperwork.
- Complete Washington State Patrol background check.
- Once you submit completed forms, check back with the District Office for your status.
What is a volunteer?
A volunteer is a person who contributes his/her services, free of charge, to assist the staff of Pomeroy Elementary or Jr/Sr High School.
What are the qualifications for a volunteer?
- Must be at least 19 years of age or a high school graduate.
- Must display an understanding of how to relate to students and have a commitment to empathy, dignity, self-esteem, and skill building.
What do I have to do to become a volunteer?
- Complete the Volunteer Agreement and meet all of the conditions as specified. This must be done before there is any contact with the students. (see attached form)
- All volunteers must complete the WSP Criminal History Information Check. This form is available in the District Office.
- Return completed forms to the District Office.
- Volunteer Agreement Form if you would like a pdf copy click here
- Volunteer Coach Agreement Form if you would like a pdf copy click here